Sunday, June 3, 2007

Spring Break in California


I had a wonderful time in sunny California. Samantha and Alex showed me how they can ride their bikes and we had great fun at the park. I got to go to their primary with them and enjoyed seeing Sister Scripture in action. George showed me how the Google mapping works and how I could use it in the classroom. What a very useful tool. I also learned that I will be a grandma for the 11th time. Laura and George are due for number three on December 8th. Good Luck, Laura.









We went to Bass Lake and stayed in a condo by Trendwest. The first days were okay, but it got a little cooler as the week went on. It was beautiful up in the mountains. We took one day and went through the Yosemite National Park, well part of it. We visited the giant redwoods (I have always wanted to see those giants) and thought we would take the 2 mile trip to the visitor center on foot. Little did we know that it was all up hill. Well, we only made it part way and then we ate our lunch and went back down. The water falls and scenery were gorgeous. We thought we would go back another day and take the trails to the falls, but it snowed and we had to turn back. Maybe another time.








We spent some time in the hot tub. Samantha loved the warm bath water. We played by the lake and threw rocks in. As you can tell, it turned cold. We even took a train ride on an old mining train, whick Alex loved. We had snow flakes falling during the trip up and down the little gully.
We spent some time when it turned cold eating the best shakes (we were told) in a little restaurant on the other side of the hill. We also visited the children's museum and they played with all kids of items. The fire engine was the hit with them both.

I had a wonderfu time. I hope they did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Sammy and Alex are getting so big. They are so cute.