Sunday, June 24, 2007

Surprise!

I surprised Pat on his birthday, June 14th, by showing up at his work. We walked into his office and found him with his feet up on the desk talking to someone. Not knowing the content of the conversation I covered his eyes with my hands and waited for him to turn around. Needless to say he was in a heated conversation with someone and this was not a good time to spring a surprise. We just left the office and came back after the conversation. I think Pat was surprised, even though he was not feeling well and his work had given him a headache.

So we tried to cheer him up and he left early and we went home for a dip in the pool, a birthday celebration and early to bed for him.
Camden was not quite sure of his Grandma Hobbs. He got this new farmer outfit so when he comes to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa Searle he can show he knows what a tractor is. We became good friends quickly.
Camden loves his Daddy and Mommy. His giggle is so cute. He loves to eat his rice cereal and fruit and vegetables. Anndalyn keeps telling him "Good Boy" when he gags down his peas. Yuck!
It was over 110 degrees while there and so the pool in their complex was so inviting. Camden loves the water. We went right into the pool when I got there and cooled off. Anndalyn and I exercised in the pool Friday morning and traded off kicking and pushing Camden along the way. He is a little fish in the water.
Friday we met Anndalyn's friend,Jenna, and her boy, Bryan, at a water park near ASU. Camden loved the water and being with his friend. While I was standing there a girl came up to me and to my surprise it was Heather Wade, Laura's best friend from BYU. She recognized me and came to say hi. Travis, her husband, and her family moved to Phoenix a week before Pat and Anndalyn. They live close to where Pat and Anndalyn are building their home. I am sure they will get together and have some barbeques or pool parties.

Post scripe: Notice Anndalyn's cute hair do! We went into the big city and she got it done while I watched Camden. She looks like a movie star.

I had a great time playing and getting to know Camden. He is a special spirit of our Heavenly Father. I think he will walk and not crawl. He hates to be on his tummy. He loves his mom and dad and they are great parents.

They took me to the temple Sunday morning before my flight went out. It is a gorgeous temple and I challenge all of you to attend the temple nearest you often.

Thanks, Pat and Anndalyn, for a wonderful trip. Of course, it was hard for me to leave and I got teary eyed as always when I have to say goodbye. But families can be together forever. We must keep our covenants we make in the temple and strive to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am looking forward to having my children and grandchildren with me forever in the kingdom of our Father in Heaven.

No comments: